Update by user May 20, 2015

They are going to reevaluate my situation. I may be able to get credit for past transcripts.

By the way,

I told them I only started working on their classes because after realizing none of my almost three years of work counted, I felt unsure what to do. However, I will never acknowledge their earned credits nor would I actually be allowed to if I wanted to.

A point to new students....

if these guys aren't paid in full you don't get a diploma OR get credit for any earned credits from them. I am now reading that infamous handbook.

Update by user May 13, 2015

They told me it was in the handbook that credits of over ten years don't transfer. However, you don't get a handbook until you have enrolled already and signed a contract.

The adviser knows it but doesn't mention anything because they have to make their sales quota to stay employed.

Here is what I wrote back to them [AGAIN, yeah I know. I am pissed]

When exactly did I get the handbook????? Hum? Let's see, that would that be AFTER I ENROLLED!

How long do I have to cancel? FIVE DAYS?

Here is what you wrote to me [ASHWORTH TO CAROL]

"You enrolled into this program on 1/6/2015.

You were advised on 1/22/2015 by a representative that we do not accept transfer ....."

[MY RETORT] I was advised more than five days after I enrolled because NOBODY HAD THE INTEGRITY to "advise me beforehand" They have quotas to make in enrollment. Apparently if it requires a lie of omission that is acceptable, right?

Update by user May 13, 2015

They have a lot of complaints so they are well versed at what to say.

[copied and pasted] Here is their response to me. I was ONLY TOLD after I called the College to see why they [my prior credits] weren't posted to my profile that they actually don't transfer.

After I had agreed to their contract NOT before

Dear Carol,

Thank you for contacting the school. I have spoken with management in concern with your balance dispute. You enrolled into this program on 1/6/2015. You were advised on 1/22/2015 by a representative that we do not accept transfer credits over 10 years old.

This information is also available in your student handbook. You then spoke with a representative on 1/28/2015 regarding life/work experience credit for your program. You then proceeded to request the life/work experience exams and they were mailed to your proctor on 2/4/2015. In addition you have also completed a total of 91% of the first semester.

Per your signed enrollment agreement due to the amount of work that has been completed in your first semester, the cancellation balance will stand. Unfortunately, this amount will not be waived.

We appreciate having you as an Ashworth student. Our goal is to provide you with an excellent customer service experience. Please feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance.

[That was a nice insincere touch] Carol Weaver 4:14 PM (1 minute ago) to Education.Inbox I WAS NEVER ADVISED! I WAS TOLD AFTER I ENROLLED, HAD I BEEN ADVISED, I WOULD HAVE NEVER SIGNED UP, ADVISED IS SOMETHING YOU GET before the COMMITMENT IS MADE DO you have so much red tape that an average person has to STUDY before they enroll to figure out what their up against. I have contacted the BBB as well. I will warn future students.

By the time I am done it will be part of their script to tell all people what will transfer. Oddly as they are shooting down other people transcripts, It seems their own High school diploma isn't recognized.

Update by user May 12, 2015

It just keeps getting better! I called my Lawyer.

They may not even be accredited. I am NOT 20 and have years to experiement with BS!

Update by user May 11, 2015

Just wanted to add to what I had originally wrote. I mentioned speaking to a gentleman on the phone but I didn't explain he had also taken classes in the 80s.

We actually spoke in some depth. I explained I already had 70 plus credits and I new some wouldn't transfer [like an old computer class, yes they existed] That would have been a WONDERFUL time to say "Lady, guess what???? NONE of them are going to transfer" Also as I was submitting them to the College [which wasn't free] I HAD TO CALL the college to find out why nobody was acknowledging them!

Luckily I had only sent half. Has anyone on here actually filed a court case on them?

Original review posted by user May 10, 2015

When I was considering enrolling in this School I informed the gentleman on the phone I had been a student in the 80s Now, if he indeed was an enrollment specialist I am certain he knew my credits weren't going to transfer from that long ago but I wasn't told.

So, here I am. I do not want to start over, I am in my fifties! Has anyone had luck getting out of the contract?

I started to take the classes but I honestly I want to be tied up for four years, nor to I want to "test" for projects I spent 15 years working at. [for another fee]

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #1214687

Oh please you can read the handbook and catalog right on the website. Too bad, so sad.

Same thing happened to me. I explained to the advisor that I had attended college over a span of years and that I last atteneded in the 90's.

Had over 70 credits.

Got my materials and was excitedly doing my first class and when I never saw my transfer credits, called and was told any credits over ten years did not count. I too am in my 50's and am not motivated to start over.

So working professionals like me, don't waste your time or money.

I am simply going to pay them off with semi-low monthly payments. Future students, take your time and don't be pressured. Do your homework and research every school.

Any student with issues, please email strickland@wsbtv.com if you are in metro Atlanta. Thanks.