State: Texas Clear all filters (6 of 157 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
1.5

Update by user Mar 26, 2016

After paying course in full not able to log on, also promised a key cutting machine upon graduation. ???

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2016

I called about 2 months ago to ask why I wasn't able to log in to my lessons and was told that they were having technical difficulties. "Try back in a few days", two...

All schools go through that even regional accredited school have that problem.

Review
Pros
  • Price
Cons
  • Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
I enrolled with Ashworth College, for Physical Therapy Aide. I did my orientation took those tests. I never received updated Lessons to do for a week or books. I ended up having to withdraw keep in my i didnt do any major lessons just orientation and handbook quizzes....
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Supposedly I owe this school money from a course I don't remember and a school I don't remember.They want me to pay 904.53 or one payment of 452.26 for a bill I owe from 2003. This is ridiculous and i will not pay it at any point in time. I am now enrolled in a...

I clicked on the website to get information about 10 years ago and somehow I got enrolled in school. I had been through brain surgery and explained it to them and there isn't a judge alive that would hold me responsible for researching a school and getting information.

I was the dumb one for giving them my information. Now I am told I was enrolled and owe over $1000, and they have put it on my credit report.

Tags
  • Economics terminology

Ashworth College in Dallas, Texas - They have VERY bad customer service!

I enrolled my daughter in Ashworth High School. Before making my final decision, the rep kept calling me back over and over to see if I had made up my mind yet. Once I did and sent all the paperwork in, and paid tuition, I kept seeing extra charges on the account. When i would call I would be put on hold for 45 min- 1 hr at a time. If I left a message no one would call back. So I stopped paying. They finally called for payment, it was then that i asked what the charges were, but the lady didnt know and would have someone call. HA! FInally got someone and they said it was a $50 fee to read my childs previous transcript! Then I got another charge saying I had a returned check fee when I pay with a credit card online! Again, it took 2 months to get this resolved with the same waiting period on hold. I dont have extra time for this. They hope you will just pay it and be done! Also, my daughter never gets an immediate response from her teacher when she has a problem. It takes a few days. Idk what they are doing over there.
cheyenne4tn

Don't feel bad they never called me when I needed help. Took me 12 years to finish on my own.

Agreed,

I am two courses from graduating my Associates in Criminology, and can tell you from firsthand experience that I have had nothing but trouble with customer service. It seemed as though every other week I was on the phone or email with customer service to fix a problem with my portal, books lost etc etc etc.

By far they are the most unprofessional in their field. I fully understood that a degree from a DETC school would not carry much weight, but I wanted to fulfill my dream of graduating with a college degree, but never expected the lack of respect for their students and their educational goals and customer satisfaction.

Stay away at all costs, you will get a piece of paper, but you will not feel the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction that comes with completing higher education. Invest in an established educator who is not for profit, it will pay dividends in the end.

#372060

This experience does not surprise me. I have taken coursework through Ashworth.

I knew full well that it was not as good as attending a “real” school nor carried the weight, but what I did learn has helped in my career. What prompted me to examine them more closely was an e-mail I received offering a “back to school rate” for their plumbing course. I had recently requested information about it. I called the number and got someone named “Ira” on the line.

It was obvious that he did not have a command of the English language; not a foreigner, but rather an inability to form intelligent sentences. Furthermore, I could tell he was having a great deal of difficulty reading the information in front of him.

Nevertheless, I explained that I was inquiring about the plumbing course at the reduced rate. It was too good to pass up, as it was reduced by over $400. “Ira” said I could sign up today; all he needed was my credit card or bank info.

Needless to say the red flags went up immediately. Why was he so insistent on getting that info? I explained that I do not release such info over the phone, nor would I give it to a stranger. Ira was “befuddled” at that point.

Rather than waste any more time, I hung up. I then tried to respond to the e-mail that Ashworth sent, but got a message saying that the e-mail account was no longer active.

More red flags went up on that one. If this is what they’re starting to do, I’d be VERY leery of them.

View more comments (2)

Ashworth College in Bryan, Texas - Ripoff University

Ashworth University is a ripoff, I am being charged for a course I requested information for, now I have a collection agency trying to get money for information material. If I would have known that I was going to be charged, I would never have requested any information from them. I never received any applications be it via internet or mail for the medical billing and coding class that they are offering. When I called the collection agency, the not so customer service rep. got very nasty and loud with me when I asked for the number to the university, she slammed the phone down in my ear. I tried calling back four times from 4 different cell phones and she ignored my call and sent it to the voice mail after the first ring.

Similar story, but the sales rep apparently put in a fake payment for the down payment. Now they have sent it out for collection.

ashworth is a rip off .. always trying to make money of someone .

i tried to apply a couple of months ago .like 4 months ago. i didnt . but they got my card info ..the representative told me she would need a deposit so i told her i didnt have money on my card ..so she suggested to call back a couple of days later and then i would be officially enrolled . So i didnt call back but now i got these letters from these rip offs and un accredited school ..

that i had a payment delinquency .I called to try to solve this dispute , they said there was a cancellation fee of 200 .$$ ..this is boggus .. bull *** . straight out . .

they are rip offs .

and their school is not a accredited schooll . or diploma .

ashworth is a rip off .. always trying to make money of someone .

they are rip offs . and their school is not a accredited schooll . or diploma . :( WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS .

MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW AND ONLY FIND OUT TOO LATE .. LIKE US . THIS SUX .. WISHED I HAD MONEY TO SUE THEM .

HAHAH! !!!

there is a very similar story to this! You wouldnt beleive da crazy *** people these days do!

For all people that are looking for classes online There is a high school/university ( how can that even be???) named Belford. I have in mind that these schools are in this together because as it is too a rip off!I tried EVERYTHING to try and get my money back but say watever to not make a refubd! these people are full of *** so DO NOT TRUST THEM!

Listen to me! I wish i could see the faces of these people and give them wat they deserve!

View more comments (3)
Review
#171938 Review #171938 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
Ashworth University, formally known as PCDI is a complete ripoff. I am warning anyone, do not attend. You never get help with your assingments, and forbid if you want a refund. I made the mistake of paying in full, for the full semester. I was ripped off. They...

they are rip offs .

and their school is not a accredited schooll . or diploma .

Contact Ashworth College Customer Service