Atlanta, Georgia
2.3

I signed up for the Physical Therapist Aide program. Towards the end of the program there is an assessment that you have to get checked off on.

The assessment requires you to shadow a aide for 4 hrs and get checked off on the things listed on the assessment. Simple right..... Wrong....... It took me forever to find a place to check me off on the assessment.

Some places were willing to let me volunteer but they wouldn't complete the paper work they stated they would have to be contracted with the school, some places didn't employ aides or they simply said they couldn't do It due to billing purposes. I missed so many days of work trying to find a place to do this. I finally found one place the PT was very sweet and she asked why did I take this course because jobs don't require It to be an aide. She said Aides are trained before they start to work.

She asked what were the papers I was holding I told her a assessment sheet she looked over it and said she have several people that come to shadow but never with paperwork. Nevertheless, she checked me off on what she could due to the fact this was an outpatient facility. I turned in what I had but the school said I would need to go find another facility to complete the whole thing and that I would had to start over.The school offers no help on finding a facility that would help you. If you cant complete this one assignment you will never complete the course and they will not *** any points you have to complete the whole thing.

Im tired of calling people and going by places to see who will do this. My job offered to write me a letter stating that everything that Is on the assessment were things I do on a daily basis and I even offered to use my CNA licence for proof that I could do the things that weren't checked off.The answer was go back to another facility and do the assessment over. Long story short waste of time and money.

You are own your own. So just go to a local community college

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashworth College Program.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Ashworth College Pros: Price.

Ashworth College Cons: No instructor.

Comments

You are on an online school ..It is YOUR responsibility to ask the school questions before payment. Nobody's fault but yours.