Derwood, Maryland

I NEVER enrolled at Ashworth. I was enrolled at a completely different, LOCAL college when they 'sent my account to collections.' How can that be?

I noticed in on my credit report and emailed them. I will see how long it takes to get a response. If I do not have anything by the end of this week, I will call. If nothing then, I will threaten will a law suit.

They have nothing with my signature and I honestly never heard of them before. Has anyone else had this issue before?

I am noticing quite a few errors on my credit report and am trying to fix them.

Comments

I too am experiencing the same thing. Has shown up on my credit report. Never have taken a class through them!

I would say we all need to file police reports, report this to our local attorney general and the credit bureaus. Any other suggestions?

Yes I have it is on my credit report showing that i owe them money, when i never even enrolled here, i never knew about this school until i seen it on my report this is bull. I got a collection letter from a place called RESURGENT saying I owed 717.62.

I NEVER even heard of ASHWORTH UNIVERSITY !!!!

Apparently we are all being scammed and we need to report this to the attorney general . And write to the credit reporting bureaus.

I have the same issue and now have to dispute!! Does anyone know what steps we have to take? Class action law suit perhaps?

#362034

I cannot believe I just received a letter from a collection agency stating I owe Ashworth money. I had never applied to that school nor would I.

What a scam.

How do we get this off our credit reports? I'm in shock!

Just got a letter in the mail saying i owe them $900 and i have NEVER heard of this college and never enrolled...but yet the credit company that sent me the bill has my SSN and that i paid an enrollemt fee??? how can that be???

I will be contacting them and filing a lawsuit....first filing a police report.. Good luck to those of you having to deal with the same problem!!

Yes, I have the same issue! I was surprised to see them as well.

I hope we can both get this off of our credit report. This is shameful!