Charleston, Maine

Recently, I have been receiving calls from collection specialists in India. They are barely understandable and claim that I owe over $800 for a course that I have never taken.

I had never even heard of Ashworth University until the first call that I received. The collection agency is located in Philadelphia but even though they said I had to write to Ashworth and dispute this they could not even provide me with an address to mail it to. He even had nerve enough to get angry when I pointed that out to him.

When I was told they could offer me a settlement, I simply said "Even if you offered to settle for $5 I would not pay because I did not take any course."

Comments

#1341985

Exact same thing is happening to me and I reside in Michigan.

The collection agency letter I have is out of Troy Michigan.

That's the only difference. I've been trying to deal wit th this for over 2 years now.

#519227

I have never heard of Ashworth either yet I just learned they are on my credit report so I gave them a call I asked about the information they have on the account and it's not my social or my phone number on the account just my name and no one sent in a down payment for the classes and no one took the classes so why is there a 1500 dollar bill in my name.and their saying that the person signed up for the high school classes two year after I have completed an actual high school. I feel like I going crazy!!!!!!!

#1341988
@cookies

Same thing here. Now to collections saying I owe $747.82

Never heard of them and never took any class there.

I've been dealing with this for over two years now and I reside in Michigan. I'm so annoyed I could scream.

My creditor/collection agency says "LVNV Funding" out of Troy, Michigan. Prior to that, The collection agency was "Arrow," in which I thought I had actually taken care of, and I could finally lay it to rest, I now receive this letter from another collection place! I'm trying to improve my credit not damage it further.

Besides the fact that I graduated from a college here in Michigan, why would I even bother with some fly by night, never heard of, ghost school? Ugh.. This has got to be illegal.

NOTE:

We should all Join forces into a class action law suit!

I've never done anything like that, but I am beyond frustrated and that serious, especially due to the fact I NEVER ever heard of them nor took any such class. And I've written letters disputing, stating that I never attended and so on, and it's still not settled.

Therefore, if anyone has any law background information or knowledge, or have any good lawyers in mind, please feel free to get a hold of me anytime. I'm beyond annoyed, disappointed, discouraged and done being scammed from such a place.. My email is: amyknight365@gmail.com Or text/call me: 616-238-4654.

(Or contact me onFB under Amy Knight. Reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan.)

I am going through the same thing! The lady I spoke to on the phone today stated they show in the system they received a signed enrollment form with my name, birthdate, social and address on it, but can not send it to me. I left a message for her supervisor.

Kristi mine says $818, from Arrow as well.

I'm not sure what I need to do now, but I may poke around and see what information I can get about burden of proof. I know they say I owe them the money, but by law, isn't it THEIR responsiblity to show LEGAL proof (something with my verified signature on it) that I opened that account or in this case enrolled?

Talking to Ashworth or the creditors is useless! I can be nice and courteous and even give them my info that I had saved and they still insist I pay!

I don't know what to do.

I don't exactly have the means for a lawyer. I'd like to know what to do next...

#201000

I just checked my credit report and Arrow Financial is on all 3 credit reports. I have never heard of Ashworth University!

And the collection agency Arrow says I owe them $918! This is crazy!

I disputed this on my credit report but will be contacting Ashworth University first thing Monday morning. This is so scary and stomach churning.

ashworth is a rip off .. always trying to make money of someone .

i tried to apply a couple of months ago .like 4 months ago. i didnt . but they got my card info ..the representative told me she would need a deposit so i told her i didnt have money on my card ..so she suggested to call back a couple of days later and then i would be officially enrolled . So i didnt call back but now i got these letters from these rip offs and un accredited school ..

that i had a payment delinquency .I called to try to solve this dispute , they said there was a cancellation fee of 200 .$$ ..this is boggus .. bull *** . straight out . .

they are rip offs . and their school is not a accredited schooll .

or diploma . AS FOR THE MAIN BOSS OR HEAD OF ASHWORTH *** U !!!

I did a little research and found out that Ashworth used to be called James Madison. I did take some online classes with them.

However, I cancelled and settled with them by paying hundreds of dollars. Now, they have been renamed to Ashworth and are trying to get me to repay? No way. It's been settled.

I already paid, and they should have a record of this. I am pissed off because they put it on my credit report, and it's affecting my application for refinancing my home.

So mad. They are just trying to rip people off.

Take a trip to the addressed school’s district court and sue them in court for: 1) -Full payment re-imbursement, 2) -Travelling and boarding expenses, 3) -Lost wages if any, 4) -Punitive damages for time spent and infringement of quality of life and 5)- Court filing fees and Court costs. These things are easy to prove.

You do not need an attorney to petition a lawsuit in court. Court filing fees and Court costs maybe in the area of $75.00 or a little higher. People don’t take these actions because they don’t know that they have the constitutional right to do so.

Make sure you sent resolving emails for paper trail for burden of proof. Make sure you save all burden of proof content; correspondences, record all phone calls, emails and contact names with dates and time attempts and communications.

Go to the district court and sue them. You do not need an attorny to sue.

#1341995
@friend in God

To Friend of God:

Hello and thank you for truly being a friend of God.

If possible or when u may have a spare second, can u possibly email, text, or call me.

I am never heard of this place never went to the school graduate from a local school here in Michigan and I have been dealing with this for many years now. I've been getting collection letters from different companies throughout the years always thinking they will be resolved, written many letters of dispute and also stating that I never attended and so on. Now I receive another letter recently from LB and be finding saying I owe almost $750 . my husband and I are trying to purchase a house soon and this is affecting my credit.

There's also the reported to all three creditors to be prior to that it was arrow I have done everything they told me to call numerous times and write letters and nothing ever gets done and this is went on for many many years. It has to be illegal and now I want reimbursement for the negative marks on my credit, and the days, actually months though out the years I've spent with such nonsense. They sound like some fly by night, scamming "ghost school," which is what I call them, as one of the letters I was informed to send them had the street name listed as being on "Phantom Drive," of all places.. lol.

And this particular letter was to the university directly. Or so I was told.

~Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate any time you can offer. I have GAD (anxiety disorder) and suffer from panic attacks with anxiety, & this is putting it into high gear, to say the least.

My name is Amy Knight and my cell to text or call is:

(616)238-4654 My email is: amyknight365@gmail.com I'd gladly join anyone wanting to pursue a class action law suit.

However, I also just want this to go away as it should never have surfaced. Sincerely, Amy Knight God Bless

I have been contacted about once every six months about a 650 debt from ashworth and the agreed to settle 5 years ago for 150 today I was contacted by a different collection agency saying that I have to settle today for 180 or they will get a judgement and garnish my wages for the full amount plus leagal fees, I haven't even taken any courses with them I did however visit there site while looking for a online program and shortly after recieved a bill for 650 I contacted them and thats when they tried to work out a 150 settlement. crooked scam artist,

having same problem with Ashworth, all talk and harrassing phone calls, they don't want resolution, they want ways to try to get money from you, whether you owe or don't. they are dangerous people, unscrupulous.

hope my situation ends soon but they are hard to get rid of. asked them to provide me documents and proof. listed documents i wanted in an email, won't talk to them by phone. they keep asking what documents, keep calling and sending emails but no proof.

there is no dealing with them.

they have a good rating with BBB but then scroll down and see all the complaints. wonder about honesty of BBB in Atlanta?

I have never heard of Ashworth either yet I just learned they are on my credit report 3 differant times for a total of nearly $3k. I have never heard of them nor have I signed up for their or any other online course.

They utilize Arrow Finicial to do their collections and this company is as crooked as they are. Arrow will redate a debit to extend the 7 year dead statute an item appears in collections on a credit report.

I have instructed my attorney to begin legal actions against Ashworth & Arrow. Neither could provide and proof that I ever signed up or took any course offered by them.

Ashworth says they dont have an application or on any contract on file with my signature and they claim they dont need it!

This is happneing to me right now... what did you do to get your problem resolved??