Bay City, Michigan

I never in my life had such a horrible customer service experince as when I enrolled in Ashworth University.

First, I had to deal with the woman who enrolled me. It took her a week +5 phone calls to put the lesson plan and tuition cost on a piece of paper with the school's letter head so I could submit it for tuition reimbursement. I wrote it up for her. She just had to transfer it. Lazy.

Then, she makes an appointment to call me and get enrolled. She never called so I called her. She asks me why am I calling and tells me she already enrolled me (with attitude).

As if I were an *** who would not remember a 10 min conversation in which I gave out my credit card#. She actually put me on hold to check in her system to see if I was enrolled. When she came back, she said oh I guess you're not enrolled.

Fine, there was a mix up. I am a patient person and I can deal with it, but giving me attitude when you're the one who screwed up?

Next, were the countless phone calls to student services because my grades and hyperlinks to my new lessons were not appearing on my personal webpage.

After a while I guess they just got so tired of hearing from me they just stopped responding to my requests and just didn't fix the problems. Way to earn those pay checks.

Finally, I found 1 person with a brain. She gave me the number of someone to complain to. I had to threaten to drop out. Things got better, and now its back to nomal. I have lost all patience. The next person I get on the phone whether they are to blame or not will be flayed.

Just a warning to anyone who is considering or knows someone who is considering applying to Ashworth. Watch out!

I work for a very large medical laboratory (Quest Dx) and I am taking the Medical Transcription course I will tell my H.R. guy to recommend no other employee take this course at this school.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashworth College Course.

Comments

ashworth is a rip off .. always trying to make money of someone .

i tried to apply a couple of months ago .like 4 months ago. i didnt . but they got my card info ..the representative told me she would need a deposit so i told her i didnt have money on my card ..so she suggested to call back a couple of days later and then i would be officially enrolled . So i didnt call back but now i got these letters from these rip offs and un accredited school ..

that i had a payment delinquency .I called to try to solve this dispute , they said there was a cancellation fee of 200 .$$ ..this is boggus .. bull *** . straight out . .

they are rip offs .

and their school is not a accredited schooll . or diploma .

Claire how would you know that no one else liked the school just b/c of you having a bad experience? Anyway my father seemed to have no problems with the school so idk.

I'm not going to take a chance with them because I need my credits to transfer in the future and I don't want the hassle of trying to find a school who will accept them.

And George Anderson you sound like a complete *** leaving *** comments like that. Have you even finished middle school?

I took a course at Ashworth a nd spent all my tuition money on *** drugs and ibarfed on my books and i spent my welfare cheque on more beer and when i got my textbooks i gave them to my drug dealer.

#119241

WEll I have not enrolled yet in Ashworth but so far all of phone inquiries I have made have been answered by competant customer service reps so far. I am planning on enrolling in the very near future.

All I can say is that there is always going to be bad comments made. But when you weigh it both ways that is how you make the proper decision. The price is certainly right also. With the current promotion you cannot beat it.

I checked out Sanford Brown Institute near where I live and they want over 20,000 dollars which is mad crazy. These over priced schools should not be able to get away with that. Even after financial aid you get stuck with loans that will take a lifetime to pay back.

Remember there is not guaranttee with the job market out there today. Good Luck to everyone!!!

i just finished my first semester of construction management. I dint have any problems at all, as a matter of fact i refered a couple of my co woker about the school and they joined also, and has had no problems either.You cant please everyone

Okay at first they told me that I would have my classes uploaded in 24 hours then they said 10 -14 days well to to end the story short they got it fixed and its a really great school!

Someone that works at Ashworth probably wrote that last comment. No one in their right mind could possibly be pleased with this school.

For my last year of high school, online was my only option, and this school was the only one I found with single courses. Anyways the idea of this school is great but the customer service is AWFUL! I completed my courses, passed, and wanted to get my transcript sent to my high school where I live so they would issue my diploma to me. I only live 2 hours away from the location of Ashworth.

How in the world does it take 3 weeks for it to get here? I have called numerous times throughout the past week or so because I have questions. They have people who answer the phones to answer my questions. Instead, I get an attitude from everyone I talk to.

I have talked to ONE nice guy who has been helpful. I am trying to find out names of the head of the school so I can write a letter. This is absolutely awful, I would never reccomend this school to anyone unless you are desperate. It's almost not even worth getting your diploma from them because of how much time it takes for them to put something in the mail.

This school sucks and I am so glad I'm starting college soon, but thanks to them, I'll be a whole semester later! Thanks Ashworth!

So helpful! If the phone people didn't talk so fast I would have written their names down to report.

I recently received my degree and was so pleased that I am considering taking other courses at Ashworth. I had no problems at all with this school.