6625 The Corners Pkwy NW #500, Norcross, GA 30092, USA
1.3
Additional Fees
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

Started a certificate program about a year ago in construction management. All information online that I found indicated you would obtain your certificate after successfully completing 5 classes and that you could study at your own pace.

There was never any reference to a school catalog or that there was a deadline to complete the program. I ended up having to pay extensions to complete the program at 6 months. They even charged me for another extension when I asked for more time to accommodate back surgery I had. I never knew that I only had 1 year to complete the program until after I asked for the extension on the surgery.

By then, I had only 3 months to complete it, which I thought I did when I finished the 5th class. Oh no, then they hit you with having to take a final exam on all 5 courses before you get your certificate! They refer you to the school catalog and the information in it about the exam. Again, there was never any mention about the need to review the school catalog, the test, that the program would end at 1 year, none of this is ever mentioned.

As far as I'm concerned, they are fraudulently enticing people to pay and attend the school only to suck more money out of you to study at your own pace, then to say "sorry, you're now out of time". I can't get anyone to send to me anything that documents my acknowledgement about the test, copies of any other tests I had already taken, nothing. They took my money and now won't give me what I believe I've earned. This is the 4th certificate program I've enrolled in and completed with accredited colleges.

None of the other programs ever asked me to take a final exam on all the course work I just completed. There are tests after each section of each course to test your knowledge. That should be enough - even when completing an undergrad degree colleges don't ask you to take a final exam on all the coursework you completed for that degree. They are just not in touch with what a certificate program is really about, applying rules about undergraduate and graduate degree programs to a certificate program.

Trying now to file a complaint with the appropriate agency to get my certificate. What a shame

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashworth College Construction Management Program.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Ashworth College Pros: Being able to obtain a certificate online.

Ashworth College Cons: Having to pass a final on 5 classes to get certificate.

• Ashworth college bad school